Thursday, January 12, 2023

My top sources of information

 Trying to figure out where to get your news can be very hard. With there being so many different platforms with different points of view, it can be very overwhelming. Even for the non-political person, having all of these options can still be a very stressful due to the fact that there are just so many options. These are the places that I have found work best for me personally. Of course I still fact check these news sites no matter what, but by fact check I reeky mean I type into google the story that I found interesting to see if there if anything that contradicts what I saw originally such as recipes, statistics and witnesses. 


Tiktok 

Tiktok might sound like a strange place to get news, but some accounts I have found to be very informative and supringly truthful. One account that I have found is called @bikinibottomnews. This account takes the news castor fish from the kids show Sponge Bob Squarepants and created a Tiktok account where he tells you what is going on in the world in a very non biased way, and people also have the ability to discuss this news in the comments and put their ideas and extra facts in the comment section. Two other accounts I have found to not spread fake news are accounts called @goodmorningbadnews and @goodmorninggoodnews.  


ESPN 

ESPN is probably one of the most used sports news outlets, at least in America. You can get accurate scores of a game, player stories, and accurate and up to date stats on all of the players. ESPN has many journalists and sportscasters that have a lot of knowledge about the game. For me in particular I rely on ESPN to give me regular and accurate updates on a game that I cannot sit-down and watch myself and be consistent.

www.espn.com 





Instagram 

Instagram has been an interesting way of getting news. I usually see different news stories that people repost about current events that I can then further investigate the news and stories that I have seen. Obviously I have to take Instagram news with a grain of salt but it has broadened my horizons to different types of news.

Commercial Appeal 

The Commercial Appeal is my local news source from Memphis, Tennessee and that is where I can get news on my local sports teams, high school sports, restaurants, and what is going around Memphis.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Progressive era

 Among reading these websites, I found information and view point that made nothing but perfect sense to me. Being anti war seems to be cont...